Friday, May 26, 2006

Postcard Refreshment

This place is cool. People are independently-minded and heed their own business as personal soap-operas and daily lives seem important enough to not need to know mine or anyone else's. I've spent a good slice of time trying to demystify my own romanticization of the city, which is largely aided by seeing normal-looking, working-class people about town; but but but, the love is continually reinvigorated as I stroll through block-wide and fountained parks watching Dutch-like beauties breezing by on old-school bikes in skirts, light scarves and spring jean-jackets, hair flowing in purposeful carelessness.

To date, things are much more upbeat than the introductory week as I cruise into a calm rhythm warm enough to keep me optimally bourgeois-bohème. On verra.

Wish you were here.

Essstar
2006.05.26

No comments: